Monday, January 3, 2011

Where My Stitches At?

Just before Thanksgiving, I joined a new gym. I go often (so much that I don't blog anymore, apparently!). The gym has made it easy for me to go - it's a five minute walk from my apartment and they have yoga classes.

I started practicing yoga in college, if falling asleep as soon as we lay down counts as practicing. I managed to learn something, though, as I actually taught a room of 100 people downward dog just after college. It was very cool, and I felt very good at the yoga thing.

For the past few years, I've been practicing yoga regularly, not falling asleep anymore and continuing to feel very good at it. Until I joined this new gym.

For the first couple weeks, I was convinced the instructors were teaching some sort of yoga torture ("toes pose" cannot be a real pose, right?). But, I actually started to get better at it. The instructors grew on me. Especially one, who said to me, while I was in three-legged dog (which involves being upside down with one leg in the air), "Oh, look, your toenail polish matches your pants! How cute!"

Seriously, that moment was one of the best I've had in a while.

I like matchy-matchy, and I really like my nail polish color. At Thanksgiving, my sister gave me the chance to make something that matches my nail polish.

She had bought me two little skeins of yarn. She got them at Big Lots for $1 each, which I loved. One was the same color as my nail polish, and one was another of my faves - green! Each had little specks of the other, and I spent a week trying to think of something I could make that used both of them.

Infinity scarves are way in, which, of course, I learned from my mother-in-law. Someone she works with gave her one last winter and she gave it to me, because she didn't know what to do with it, but mostly because I was quite reluctant to give it back to her once she let me borrow it.


*Photo credit to my husband, who thought this picture wouldn't make it to the web. But it's good, so here it is. Also, I totally stole this post's title from a fabulous knit and crochet site called Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment