Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby

A few weeks ago, when the snowfall in Boston only reached Shaquille O'Neal's nether regions, my friend Leah and I took a class to learn how to make "designer wrap bracelets."

I affectionately call this bracelet my "f. u. Chan Luu" bracelet. Thanks, Chan Luu, for designing something that people like me will want to learn to replicate. Thanks for charging upwards of $150 for the real thing. Thanks for having more patience than I've ever, even in the more patient years of my life, had. Thanks for giving me arthritis.

The bracelet is really nice, and actually a little addictive to make. I've gotten a lot of compliments, which must mean that it's "real" jewelry (kind of like how the bags I make are "real" bags because people say that they're nice before they find out that I made them). I might make one for you if you pay me for the labor, and foot the bill for my physical therapy, too.

1 comment:

  1. Eek. I was on board when it was just parts and labor, but PT, I dunno...

    ReplyDelete